If you want to enroll in a Advantage plan, you must meet some basic criteria.
Medigap & AEP
If you have a Medigap plan (Medicare Supplement Policy), you can switch to another company at any time of the year and not just during AEP.
Please remember that you will most likely have to go through medical underwriting to qualify for another plan.
Important Note: If you have an Advantage plan you can NOT just switch to a Medigap plan. You will first have to go back to Original Medicare and then you can purchase an Medigap plan. Please remember that if you are not in your Initial Enrollment Period or Guaranteed Issue Period, you will have to go through medical underwriting to qualify for an Medigap plan.
Please consult with a licensed agent before make this kind of decision.
Ask Yourself these questions?
- Do you like your current plan?
- Are all your doctors in your current plan?
- Are the hospitals around you still in your plan?
- Are your prescriptions being covered?
- Does your current plan have all the NEW benefits?